We were founded in Wyoming, Michigan in 1915, on the corner of Porter St. and Meyer Ave. We built our current building at 2141 Porter St. and moved in 1953. 2015 represented our 100th year of ministry.
We are a member of the Reformend Church in America (RCA).
What We Believe
"Being transformed by the renewing of our heart, soul, mind and strength to love God and our neighbors."
We are a member of the Reformed Church in America (RCA).
The final authority in the Reformed faith is Holy Scripture, the living Word of God, spoken to everyone through the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit takes the Word of God and makes it real and actual in our lives. This has always been and will always be the authentic wellspring of Reformed faith.
The following confessions and creeds are statements of our Reformed beliefs:
What We Believe
- There is one God and He is maker of heaven and earth.
- We are made in His image with dignity, value, purpose and worth.
- We were made to glorify and worship but we chose to sin against Him and to rebel against Him.
- As a result we are separated from Him and end up creating our own versions of “right and wrong”, which further separate us from Him.
- Wholly and completely God yet wholly and completely man, Jesus came into the world.
- He experienced life just like you and I and was tempted in every possible way but He never sinned.
- He was brutalized and suffered a terribly painful and bloody death through the barbaric act called crucifixion and in doing so He substituted his righteousness for our sin.
- He willingly took on the sins of all those who would come to trust in Him.
- Jesus died on the cross in our place and paid our debt to God, thereby purchasing our salvation.
- We are sinners and did nothing to deserve this, yet it was freely given.
- On Sunday, after three days of His dead body lying in a sealed tomb, He rose in victory over death, sin and Satan.
- He ascended into heaven, alive and well and sits at the right hand of God the Father, ruling over all nations, cultures, races, and philosophies.
- He then commissioned us with the Holy Spirit to go out into the world, telling everyone about this Good News of a gracious God who continuously pursues us.
- Jesus is coming again to judge the living and the dead.
- Those who do not trust in Him will suffer apart from Him in the continuous torments of hell.
- Those who do trust in Him will enjoy eternity in His kingdom in heaven forever.
- By grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone.